Думаю, что эта машина уже представляет лишь исторический интерес, хотя разработка интересная.
Heavy armored fighting vehicle
made on the basis of the chassis of the tank T-55.
After modernization of the tank T-55 (exchange of the original chassis of T-55 with the chassis of the tank T-64), we remain with the chassis of T-55.
What to do with this chassis?
We will make a heavy armored fighting vehicle on the basis of this chassis.
In order to do so, we will make following changes in chassis of T-55:
- we take out the motor-transmission power pack from the chassis,
- we take out the front and under turret metal plates,
- new side, back and front armor plates should be welded to the body of the chassis in order to construct a new shape of the chassis with increased total height of the vehicle till 1950 mm.
- design of the sides armor plates envisages installation of last generation Ukrainian made ERA protection elements,
- new ramp door is made on the back side,
- new roof is welded to the body,
- machine gun turret is installed on the roof,
- new, modified motor-transmission power pack from the tank T-64 is installed in the front part of the vehicle with necessary control elements,
- additional support rollers is installed in suspension, because of increased speed of the new vehicle.
Technical characteristics of the vehicle:
- Mass(without armament) – 28,5 ton.
- Length – 6,2 m.
- Width – 3,21 m.
- Height – 1,95 m.
- Height of landing compartment – 1,35 m.
- Speed - till 70 km/h.
- Engine/h/p – opposite, multi fuel diesel of the type 5TDF/ 700 h/p
- Cooling system – ejector.
- Front – 270 mm, plus ERA
- Side – 81 mm, plus ERA
- Roof – 30 mm.
- Back side – 40 mm.
- Bottom - Combined anti mine protection.
- Equipped with last generation, Ukrainian made ERA protection set.
- Light, overhead, fully remote turret, with 12,7 mm machine gun. (see separate booklet of this turret)
- The armament system of the customer can be installed upon his request.